1965 Early Style Motor Mount Brackets Needed

Hi:

I'm in search of the two "L" shaped brackets for a 65 Mustang with the

289 engine. They are the brackets between the steel/rubber insulators that bolt onto the engine, and the bracket housing which is mounted on the subframe at the bottom of the shocktower. If anyone has a location where I can buy these, or have a couple that are just gathering dust on a shelf, let me know!

Fred of AZ

Reply to
Fred of AZ

Why would you want the earlier weaker version?

Reply to
66 6F HCS

For a couple of reasons....the main being that I already have the insulators that attach to the engine block and the bracket housings which are attached to the subframe near the shock towers.

I recently pulled the engine and transmission to rebuild the trans and re-seal the engine. However, in all the mayhem that accompanies such an undertaking, I have either mis-placed or lost the two L shaped brackets.

Now, they may be the earlier, "weaker" versions, but I have owned the vehicle since June, 1980, and this is the first time one of them has been broken.

I really don't want to go out and spend the extra cash for a complete set of engine mounts when all I'm missing are two small, but important, parts.

Fred of AZ

Reply to
Fred of AZ

"Fred of AZ" wrote

But motor mounts aren't THAT expensive, plus you can have better built in reliability and strength. Just my .02.

Reply to
66 6F HCS