1965 ford mustang

i have a mustang and i am trying to get it started. how do you get the fuel to come up in the fuel filter. ( it has a see through fuel filter.

Reply to
mzert

"mzert" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Sell that car. Or take a quick course in auto mechanics.

Those who dont know the basics have no business owning a car like that.

Flame back at me if you want... but print it out, anyway, and save it... and see if I'm not right, after all.

Does it have gas

How long since it has run

Did you 'prime it' by pouring a tablespoon of gas down the carb's throat.

The likeliest cause if it hasnt run in a while is that either the gas has 'gelled' in the pickup or lines or the fuel pump diaphragm (or valves) has failed.

Or both.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

C'mon, BM. Haven't you noticed the incredible percentage of hit and run "tech" baiting posts here since late July? Please don't tell me I have to spell it out for all of you. Read the posting headers, and then READ into the mind. SDNick, Strangeways, faust151, inelsonok, mark G9, casteele 95, EADGBE, dorun 64, FSC729, jmvannay, burninator, cybelfuegere, several others. Wake me when you have it figured out. In the meantime, file this with "My Mustang ain't got no grille" and "I can't see the tire size on my sidewall".

Reply to
CobraJet

Well, it could be a surge in inept hobbyists. I often get offers from people with horrible pieces of badly running shit "how much you want fer it". "Your soul and a t-bone steak" was what I left one befuddled drunk with. I think you're reaching a but. So what is the MOTIVE?

Reply to
Wound Up