1965 Mustang Convertible for sale

This may be of interest to this NG.

Reply to
John

Ooooooh! where is Bill S. when we need him! This is not a $10,000 car! If Bill was here he will give you the tongue lashing you deserve for trying to sell this car in this condition for 10k.

-- _______________________________________ "The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: The chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

Reply to
Just Me "Koi"

That *is* Bill S. selling that car for around $10k.

I dunno... a pretty much rust free and mostly complete '65 convertable that runs and almost everything works on... recent top from the looks of it... under 70k original miles... might be worth $8-10k...

JS

Reply to
JS

Strange though, he judged my car, which is also a 64.5 convertible, but in far superior condition, to be worth "$7,500 to $10,000". (I posted a pic under "Come ON Guys, Let's See Some Pics")

Since Bill is selling his inferior car for the most he thought mine was worth, and since as the other poster mentioned, Bill would be the first to hammer an online seller for overpricing a vehicle, I'm not sure if you want to call this unethical or hypocritical.

Reply to
pawn

Maybe just salesmanship... The owner always asks for more than than the buyer is willing to pay. That's where negotiations begin... Don't be offended if someone tells you that your car is worth less than you think, I'm sure Bill S. Won't be offended by your appraisal of his. Just don't let it get personal! Have a great day!

Reply to
Mustang_66

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 12:33:55 -0500, pawn wrote something wonderfully witty:

I've noticed him do that a lot. I think he wants everyone to sell their's low so he can sell his high. I would give much more then about 6K for the car the way it currently sits.

-- "Y'know I remember when things were a lot more fun around here When good was good and evil was evil Before things got so fuzzy"

Don Henley, The Garden of Allah

Reply to
ZombyWoof

I've been lurking here for at least four years, what amazes me the most is that certain people like yourself must have a really big bug up your ass for Bill. From what I have been watching you and two or three others just do not agree with anything this guy had to say. So you'lkl put him down whenever you can. Truly poor sportsmanship. In the game of mustangs I see it as such. It's all about product and location. Bill is in New jersey so how many rust free cars can there be that are available there. Think about that one while you decide on something truly inane to reply to me with.

Dave

Reply to
davesnothere1962

What are you talking about? I wasn't involved in ANY WAY with the pissing contest that went on. In fact my only comment came when the entire thing died down and after a week of silence on the subject, Bill stirred it up again in a new post. And that would be the only post in a bad tone I have posted to or about about him EVER. You got the wrong guy dude.

I live near Toronto. Any time you want to discuss the Zen implications of road salt, I'll pencil you in.

I could care less about Bill's car, I hope he gets $15,000 for it. I merely pointed out the incosistency between the way he sells his cars in here compared to the way I watched him treat many others trying to do the same.

Merry Christmas!!

Reply to
pawn

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 10:16:18 -0500, pawn wrote something wonderfully witty:

Truer words have never been spoken. It is simply inconsistent. If I wanted to be nasty I might have said it borders on hypocrisy, but I am in the spirit of the season. :)

-- "Y'know I remember when things were a lot more fun around here When good was good and evil was evil Before things got so fuzzy"

Don Henley, The Garden of Allah

Reply to
ZombyWoof

We refer to it as "Michigan fender solvent" here.

Reply to
John

yep and if i had 10 grand to burn on a 65-66 i would be hoping BillS would be selling one, then atleast ya know there wont be any demons lurking around in the car like 2 gallons of bondo or something... Just my 2 cents

Jay

Reply to
Jay