1965 Mustang Rear End Data Plate

Hoping someone out there could decode the following rear end data plate: WCZ-E

2.80 5DC 911

I'll be rebuilding it and while at it I was considering the SSBC rear disc conversion. I put the SSBC front disc conversion a couple of years ago. Was wondering if anyone had any opinion on this conversion. Does it utilize the original parking brake cables?

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
Chris

As I recall it does. I'm not doing it on my 65 FB because the disc system isn't quite as good as the drums with regard to the emergency brake. I can better put the money into other modifications.

Reply to
Spike

WCZ-E = Axle model. This one isn't in my '73 book. There is however WCZ-V and WCZ-F2, these are both conventional differential-2 pinion, 8inch.

5DC is the date code. 1965, april, 3rd week. 2.80 is the ratio 911 is the plant code.

I am doing a bit of guessing because I am more familiar with the later tags that are arranged as follows:

WDW-U 3CD

3.00 8 521C

Where the 8 is the ring gear diameter, 3CD the date code, 3.00 the ratio, WDW-U the model, and 521C the plant code.

Reply to
Brent P