1966 Mustang

Found a 1966 Mustang with original motor (mileage unknown), new transmission, speed shifter, headers, twin 2.5 inch pipes,1969 front seats, new upholstery, no exposure to salted roads or coastal salts. That's all I know about it at the moment. Assuming my mechanic says it's mechanically solid, what's it worth; they're asking $9500.

Reply to
Bryan

Aside from the adage it worth whatever you're willing to pay for it, you might try doing a search at

for a 1966 Ford Mustang and compare the results to what you know about the car.

A mechanic's inspection is worth it's weight in gold IF the mechanic is good. You really need to look for rust problems on a 66. Even without road/ocean salts, they were targets for rust. Especially check the cowl, floor pans, and fender wells, as well as the floor of the trunk (which is the top of the gas tank), as the old tanks were subject to pinholes from rust (I filled the tank of my first 65 FB and had fuel sloshing in the bottom of the trunk area... and I smoked at the time). Headlight buckets is another area. And front and rear window frames (not the chrome, but the body, and it's hard to spot.

Just because a car is a southwest car does NOT mean it spent it's life there. There was a beauty in Las Vegas.... but a magnet would not stick to the car below the belt line. Many SW cars were bought and taken to the NE where they were eaten up, then taken back to the SW to be sold as SW cars.

Don't let your desire blind you.

Reply to
veegerNO SPAM