1967 Console parts??

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can get hold of cosole parts for my 67 cab? I have been given 2 consoles - one isn't worth trying to restore, and the other is missing the upper part where the sliding door and the radio would go. So I'm looking for this part, but I've checked pretty much all of the parts vendors, and they only sell parts for the 65/66 Stangs. I'm not in the US, so hunting round a breakers yard isn't going to be easy...

Thanks in advance

Kevin

'67 Cabriolet (convertible in the US) - in serious restoration!

Reply to
elmo

David E. Willson

Thanks David. I went off to 'Larry's' and found what I expected - not a great deal. They (along with the other repro houses) have the end fittings, but no 67 console parts. The reason I asked was because I have a list of around 40 parts stores in the US (that I can order from), and they nearly all sell console parts for the 65/66 but none for the 67/68.

However, I asked the question on another site, and was given the web address of a company in Jacksonville, Fl, who have loads of original console parts and other hard to find items. For everyones info the site is

.

Thanks anyway.

Kevin

"David E. Willson" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
elmo

Follow-up to last message - They are BLOODY EXPENSIVE!!! Quoted $150 for the console part! God knows what the price is for an original steering wheel or radio...

"elmo" a écrit dans le message de news: blv0g4$6bb$ snipped-for-privacy@news-reader3.wanadoo.fr...

Reply to
elmo

Why not just spend the money for a restored Mustang Console? You'll spend more trying to piece it together than buying a restored item........

Bill S.

elmo wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Because I already have the rest of the console in good shape - just needs cleaning, and the one part I'm after. If this one part costs $150, how much is a complete console going to set me back???

"Bill S." a écrit dans le message de news: n0khb.26659$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...

Reply to
elmo

"elmo" wrote

the console part! God knows what the price is for an original steering wheel or radio...

Hey Elmo,

Remember that you're buying genuine "Made in the USA" automobile parts, not that european junk. BTW, you might want to keep your french address a secret, otherwise they send it to Iraq and have you pick it up there...

Just kidding! I hope you find what you're looking for and you might check with Mustang Parts of Oklahoma (405) 631-1400

, they have tons of used parts.

Reply to
Mustang_66

$400-$500 gets you a fully restored center console..................

Bill S.

elmo wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Thanks for your response, Bill, but you should know that I'm on a tight budget (getting tighter by the day). However, why would I want to buy a restored console at $500 when for $150, I can have the part I need, seeing as the rest of the console just needs cleaning?

BTW, I wasn't necessarily looking for an answer - it was more of a sarcastic comment.....

Thanks anyway

Kevin

"Bill S." a écrit dans le message de news: gBUhb.68978$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...

item........

Reply to
elmo

Hey, "Mustang_66",

Thanks for the link. However, "Made in the USA" they may well be, but I am not "Paid in the USA". $150 seems a bit steep for just one part.... Don't forget that afterwards there is the Customs duty to pay, plus the shipping...... And as for the European 'junk', with the number of articles I see on this newsgroup of "Made in the USA" cars with problems all over, when the cars are practically brand new, I don't think the situation is much better your side of the pond...

Sorry to go on, but it's annoying to read the comments about the USA being great, and Europe being crap. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day, and America wasn't built by the Americans - they were mostly European.....

Thanks again anyway

ps : How do I get the parts sent to me if I keep my French address secret???.......Just wondering.......

"Mustang_66" a écrit dans le message de news: riNhb.734729$uu5.124620@sccrnsc04...

Reply to
elmo

Try selling what you have on your hands, then buying the restored console. You complain about pricing, yet your not thinking clearly. Supply and demand is what will dictate the prices........Do it once, do it right, and you'll most likely never have to do it again. Piecemeal it together, and you'll spend more money in the long run.

Bill S.

elmo wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Elmo,

You really want to start a flame war about the US vs the French, and their historical wins and losses, along with contributions to the world as a whole????? You really will not like the answers you might see...........................................I suggest taking this part of the thread to another newsgroup, as things can and will turn ugly............................

Bill S.

elmo wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Hey Bill, coool.....

First - I don't want to start a war.

2nd - I didn't start this line of conversation. 3rd - Put yourself in my shoes - this sort of crap is all 'we' hear over here. (Don't forget that I'm English, please). "European" includes the UK and various other important countries, and not everything that is produced over here is junk, in the same way that not everything in the States is perfect. 4th - I stayed polite the whole time, and non-threatening, why have you found it necessary to go off your handle like this?

I don't want to get into the whole debate of who does/did what for the good of humanity. That was never the idea. But you do maybe need to cool off. The message was not addressed directly to you, but to the 'funny' guy called mustang_66. If HE/SHE has a comment to make, then fine, but you don't need to go around defending one and all for the good of the USA! I understand that you are the 'boss' here, and I find that you nearly always have a good response to peoples queries and woes. This is very much appreciated.

Anyway, enough going on about not a great deal.

For the record, I APOLOGISE FOR ANY UNDESIRABLE MESSAGE THAT I SENT TO THIS NEWSGROUP. It won't happen again. (Insert large amounts of grovelling and pride swallowing.)

Sorry

Kevin

"Bill S." a écrit dans le message de news: Gybib.99639$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...

European.....

Reply to
elmo

UK is not part of Europe!!!! Not to most Englishmen! (I'm an ex-pat Geordie) ;^)

I missed your original post on this thread. What console part are you looking for? I have busted up one in my '67 that I won't be using when I do build it. The previous owner just threw one in the car without the proper shifter and parts so it's really not a complete unit.

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Hi Stuart and Janet,

The part I'm looking for is the upper part of the console that holds the sliding door and the radio. I already have 2 consoles for my 67 cab. 1 is completely destroyed and not worth doing anything with, and the other is already modified for the cabriolet (thankfully), and it is in excellent condition (chromes/plastic etc). I have an upper panel, but it is cracked, and some imbecile has taken a hacksaw to it at some point in its life - so it's basically scrap. All I need is the upper panel!

If you have this part in it's original form (not cut up), even if the chrome needs redoing, I'd be grateful if we could sort out some sort of deal. I've contacted a company in Florida, and they want $150 for one, which I find a bit steep. Please let me know - you can get in touch with me by regular e-mail if you wish - snipped-for-privacy@wanadoo.fr .

As for the UK/Europe thing, you're right, but for me, it can be considered part of Europe when the sort of comments come up as can be seen in the previous messages. Anyway, enough of that, because I've already said in my last message that I won't talk about this subject (sorry Bill).

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kevin

"Stuart&Janet" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@golden.net...

looking for? I have

previous owner just

,

Reply to
elmo

Ah, that's Bill S. He's a cantankerous pain at times; he has a great deal of Ford and Mustang knowledge, but suffers from a superioity complex. Where some of us can see ourselves as royal pains at times, Bill S. is the Rush Limbaugh of this NG - 'A shining example of virtue and knowledge'. Hell, even his crap smells like crushed peaches. Just be glad you're not Canadian - he really has a problem with Canadians.

Welcome to the wonderful world of owning a classic money pit - I have my own '67 convertible that I am taking (way too much time) restoring. Bill S. is good for getting info from, and if it is regarding a Mustang, you can be sure he's giving you the right info.

Reply to
Ralph Snart