1967 mustang Coupe for sale:

I have a '67 mustang coupe for sale. Needs restoration, 289, C4, Bench Seat. It does run. Has some rust, right floor pan, cowl, other normal areas. All glass is good, windshield has minor chip. Lime green color. This car does need work but is very restorable. Can email pics if interested. $2800. Italy Texas (Near Dallas)

Reply to
smbjck

Unless its something special, a car with rust in the cowl is probably not worth 2800. More like a grand. I havent done one, but I have watched a cowl replacement being done and its a big job, even for a well equipped and experienced shop. Floorpans are trivial by comparison. Bodywork is easy if you know what you are doing and take your time.

Purely my opinion, but 3 grand for a car that needs major rust surgery seems a bit high. Heck, 2+2's and fastbacks needing the same rust repair can be had for about the same price (correct me if I am wrong).

Reply to
cprice

I agree. It would have to be very something special (like an A code with a toploader). I have done the rusty cowl routine once on a '67. It was a supreme pain in the ass and that was in a fully equipped shop with all the proper tools, a big bay to work in, etc. I don't think I'd start a restoration on a plain Jane '67 at any price if it had that kind of rust. It just isn't worth the hassle when there are still so many clean west coast cars around.

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz