1967 V-8 transmission question

Mine has the floor mounted vertical T-shaped handle with the 1-2-D-N-R- P display. I've always assumed this was automatic, but now that it needs some transmission work someone has asked if it's a straight drive, which would be a lot easier to work on. Anyone know?

Reply to
Lee Modesitt (3)

I hope the guy that asked if it was a "straight drive" isn't the one that's going to work on it....

Yes, it's an automatic... the only other possibility would be a manual shift transmission....

If it is, indeed, a straight drive, I would guess that the flux capacitor is shot....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Thanks. It's good to know I won't need a new flux capacitor. :-0

Reply to
Lee Modesitt (3)

I'm glad to see you didn't mind me jerkin' yer chain.... I hope things go well for you....

Reply to
Jim Warman