1969 Mustang Engine Swap

I have a 69 Mustang coup with a 302 and C4 automatic trans, I also have a

1970 F250 pickup with a 390 in it. I want to take the 390 out of the truck rebuild it and then drop it in my Mustang. What is involved with this engine swap? A new trans for the mustang and new motor mounts? Any suggestions or help would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Reply to
Kevin

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

Kevin.

Not a problem. I put a 429 into my 1969 Mach 1 in 1974. You will have two use the tranny from a big block and a radiator from the same. But everything else including the motor mounts will mount right up. Well I used a 429 from a 1970 or so Mercury Cyclone it fit fine. I had to also cut 18 inches out of my crive shaft and had it balanced.

Dave

Kev> I have a 69 Mustang coup with a 302 and C4 automatic trans, I also have a

Reply to
Frogman