1969 Mustang speedo cable routing

The Car has a 351 + C4. The cable that was in it melted against the headers down low, and was also rubbing against the steering shaft flex joint, though not enough to cause damage there. We've tried a dozen different methods, trying to keep the new cable away from hot parts, moving parts, and sharp bends, but nothing seems to fit "just right".

Anybody know the official, "correct" path to route the cable, and where any original clips and/or straps were attached?

(Yes, I found a bunch of Mustang sites, including

, but it's sleepy-time now, so I can't browse them until tomorrow).

Reply to
MasterBlaster