1988 -1993 mustang

Im trying to make up my mind on what year is the best mustang 5.0 for years

1988 thru 1993. is there any one year that is better? what is the difference between these years? the car is for my son who is returning from iraq in aug. any advise on the 93 cobra?? ive seen some for 15 to 16 thousand . I sure will apprieciate any responses as ytou guys seem to know whats going on

Thanks barb

Reply to
barbara johnson

Claud Spinks

If you plan on modding the car a little it may be best to look for

89-up car because of mass air. The mass air makes upgrading a little easier in some cases. I love the look off the lx's and cobra's, personally the GT's don't do much for me(i'd still drive one though if it was clean). Good luck in your search. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Claud Sp> If you are willing to spend the $$, the Cobra is the way to go:) But

Reply to
Erik D.

1987 - 1993 are mostly the same.

Not really. The '87-'88s with their speed density system were a bit quicker than the later models. The '89 and up ('88's in California) are popular because they come with mass-air and are a little more flexible if you're going to mod it. However, the speed density models can handle just about any mod, except for a cam change. The 16"

5-star "pony wheels" became standard in '91. The rest of the changes in those years were minor.

It's a good car, but not significantly better, and barely faster, than a standard 5.0 Mustang. If you're looking for something "collectable" get one, but if you want something to modify/play with, a standard 5.0 is a much better choice.

Holy moley! That's more than I paid for mine (had 44,000 miles) back in '98.

Good luck with your search, Barb.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

I agree with Patrick. The '93 Cobra is common as dirt. What you need to look at are the limited edition or "Feature" models.

Hey, Patrick! I had a stalker follow me into the parking lot at Toys 'R' Us, to ask if I wanted to sell the convertible.

Damn, stuff like that makes my whole day.

dwight '93 LX 5.0 hatchback '93 GT 5.0 convertible regrettably, no Cobra as yet

Reply to
dwight

Pretty expensive dirt. OTOH, I wouldn't mind the 92 Feature red on white for cruisin around in drop-top weather...but a vintage ragtop would be nice too...

-- Mike

93 Cobra (w/dirt delete)
Reply to
Mike R

(Just a dig at an old friend, as indicated by my sig above)

:()

Reply to
dwight

I had a girl in a Honda full of stickers tell me I must need A new muffler, I was making the plastic rattle on her dash board. I told her that was just her Honda shivering in fear of the mighty WindsorFox.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I wish mine "featured" a blower. I need another 100 horses or so.

I'm starting to get that too. I think, finally, the sight of an un-modded 5.0 is appealing. And I think the days of 5.0 restos are just around the corner.

The Dodge dealer made my day today. First, he drooled all over my car, then he offered me a test drive in a new Magnum RT. Dwight, let me tell you... that Hemi is sweeeeettttt! Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD regrettably, no Magnum RT, yet

Reply to
Patrick

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Waiting in the dentist's office this morning, I picked up one of the car mags and I thought I read that the Magnum R/T weighs more than the

300C. I also thought I read that the Mag comes with a 4WD option. Was I under the influence of the happy gas or is this stuff true?

Joe

I pulled into a Ford dealership (that sells SVT and Saleen products ) to pick up some brake pads for my '97 Cobra. I'd just washed and waxed it the day before. By the time I came out of the parts department, three of those vultures were hovering around it. Car has 49K miles on it and is stock save for the power slot rotors which weren't on yet (they're $20 cheaper than stock), Konig Villian wheels (5-spokes that aren't Cobra R's... too many people have those), and a Tri-Ax.

Kinda makes ya feel good, but they don't take "no, I'm not trading it in" for an answer.

JS

Reply to
JS