1989 door panel speakers

Hi I have read a number of posts on this but am looking for some recent info. And, before I try to take off panels and covers (and wrecking them!) I thought I would post first. First, can JUST the speaker covers be taken off the door panel speakers to change them or do you have to take off the whole door panel. Second, can someone recommend some recently bought door speakers and dashboard speakers that would fit with no mods? I have always liked Infinity speakers and I see they make a 6.5 inch speaker for the door. Any recommendations would be helpful! Thx

Reply to
mrsask

NO, DO NOT pry on the plastic grills. They are held to the door panel by plastic pins that are part of the grill and 'melted' into place. They break easily and will need to be drilled and replaced with hardware to make a decent repair.

Invest in one of the fork type pry tools and carefully pry the pushpins from the metal door by grabbing around both sides of the pins. This should avoid any damage to the fibreboard door panel. The pins can be reused, even though they are easy to replace if needed.

Sorry, I'm not up on what currently out there. Infinity would not be a bad choice. Pay attention to impedance, though.

rd

Reply to
RD Jones

NO, DO NOT pry on the plastic grills. They are held to the door panel by plastic pins that are part of the grill and 'melted' into place. They break easily and will need to be drilled and replaced with hardware to make a decent repair.

Invest in one of the fork type pry tools and carefully pry the pushpins from the metal door by grabbing around both sides of the pins. This should avoid any damage to the fibreboard door panel. The pins can be reused, even though they are easy to replace if needed.

Sorry, I'm not up on what currently out there. Infinity would not be a bad choice. Pay attention to impedance, though.

rd

Reply to
taz