1990 Mustang GT Temp Gauge Problems

HI Everyone!

I am having problems with my temperature gauge it is going up very quickly as soon as I start my car and start driving and I don't think it is really getting that hot and then when I drive for a while it goes back down to normal range. I have just replaced my heater core so I know that's not it and I also just had a brand new tranny dropped in and I hope that doens't have anything to do with it. Let me know what you think guys!!!!

Sean

1990 Mustang GT with 77,000 ORIGINAL MILES
Reply to
goldandjewels

Had the same symptoms briefly when I replaced the radiator on V6stang. It's a good bet you've got an air bubble in the cooling system,

*especially* if you have replaced the heater core recently... Try letting it warm up in the driveway (with the radiator cap off) enough to open the thermostat. The system can usually purge itself of air if you do that.
Reply to
Garth Almgren

just wondering if there is any other kind of miles besides original ? actual ? or maybe some aftermarket miles? anyway (back it)park it on a hill, open the radiator cap(cold) run engine till warm to let the air out, fill with coolant,drive it with the heater on,stop,let it cool,recheck coolant.

Reply to
DRAGNET

Sure: there are original miles, fraudulent miles, miles since a rebuild, and so on (though, I wouldn't advertise if you have the second kind of miles!). :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Yeah well these miles are ACTUAL miles, not fraudulent miles or rebuilt miles...don't be jealous.... :)

Reply to
goldandjewels