1991 Mustang Clutch Cable Change

Hi All,

I need to change the clutch cable on a friend's 1991 Mustang, 5.0/5 speed. I haven't looked at the car yet. Is this a pretty straight forward job? Does anyone have any tricks/tips to make the job go easier? I did notice in another post that the OEM replacement cables etc. are junk. Should she spend the extra bucks to get the good stuff? Any suggestions which brands etc? Should anything else be changed along with the clutch cable since I'm going to be there anyway?

Thanks!

Thomas

P.S. If anyone out there lives in Hawaii and wants to pick up a Kenne Bell blown 11 second 2002 GT Mustang, give me a shout!

Reply to
tz_auto

It's a pretty straight foreword job. No big tricks. Sometimes snagging the adjuster quadrant takes a little patience, but not a big deal. If the car is a basically stock daily driver, I wouldn't change anything else. As for the stock cable, it's actually quite good. Cobra builders generally prefer the stock cable. That one lasted 15 years. What more do you want?

Reply to
.boB

I'd also suggest you change the quadrant while you're there. The originals were pretty flimsy.

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz