1993 2.3 lx mustang conversion

Quick question, I just purchased a wrecked 1992 5.O GT. I want to pull the engine and transmission along with any additional suspension I might need and put it on my 1993 lx 2.3L. Is this possible? In other words are the frames of the car the exact same and will everything fit into my lx 2.3? This my first project and am new to this so any input would be a GREAT help. THanks, drew.

Reply to
Drew

You went at it the right way actually, a donor car is the cheepest way to do it. Everything should fit...just a question of transferring everyting. Don't forget the computer and harness and the complete drivetrain has to move over, engine, tranny and diff...

It's a lot of work but well worth it.

Serge

Reply to
Serge

I'm actually converting an 87 Coupe LX 2.3 right now because I junked my GT because of rust.....

The frames are the same, the differences are the crossmember, the motor mounts on the 2.3L have an extra piece, just take them off down to the K-Member, the radiator will be different so you will need the radiator and shroud of the 5.0, fuel lines are on the opposite side for the 2.3L so you may need to reroute them yourself somehow and use the fittings and lines off the 5.0 car, EFI wiring harness, computer will be different so you will need to change that... I've taken many

87-93 Stangs apart and put them back together.... let me know if you need anything else :)

--Doug

Reply to
Doug Turner