1996 3.8 Wire Diagrams

Hello all, I have a 96 3.8 and I need to find wire diagrams for the car ONLINE in pdf files or whatever. I know I can get a helm manual, but i'd like to find them online.. i found the complete set of diagrams for my Taurus SHO and even for my 65 Studebaker Commander (hence my username), surely with the amount of mustang drivers, there has got to be pdf's of wire diagrams somewhere.... can anyone help me with good info? Please save the bandwidth and not reply if you are gonna tell me to buy a Haynes manual or buy a helm manual... thanx :)

-Adam

Red65Commander

If you ask some specific questions, I can help you out somehow...... unfortunately, copyright laws (and the desire to stay on the good side of my job) forbid me from reprinting diagrams in whole or in part.

You can get a subscription to AllData here......

.... I am told that they have manuals (including wiring diagrams) online for a modest fee....

Reply to
Jim Warman

I basically have one w/o fog lights and want to add foglights... bought the ford relay, and the ford switch, just need information on the wiring so i can adapt the lights to the harnesses found behind the fog light block plates..

-Adam

Reply to
Red65Commander

Do you have a specific issue you need the diagrams for? If so, there are lots of people who can help - ask away!

Like Jim Warman, I have all the diagrams - from Ford - but I am not so anxious to break copyright laws. Not only that, but scanning all those pages (several hundred) would take more time than I'd be willing to give it.

Jim S. '82 Mutant

Reply to
Jim S.

You can wire it any way you want.

20 amps into the relay for the fog lamps, it comes from the same circuit as the horn, cigar and drls(if equipped). Power is spliced to the fog lamps after the relay. The left fog lamp ground is spliced into the ground for the relay side for the switch. Power for the switch comes from the main light switch -> multi-function switch.

Reply to
Jim S.

Sory to take so long replying... busy, busy, busy....

If you're lucky and all the wiring is in place, behind (or very nearly behind) the stock position for the foglight switch, there should be a gray, square connector... five wire positions but only four used. This will plug into the back of the switch. Yellow goes to fog lamp relay, black is ground, red/black trace to dimmer (multi function) switch, and light blue/red trace for switch illumination.

Looking at the underhood fuse panel, there will be two relay positions open.... the fog lamp relay plugs into the slot beside the starter relay.

HTH

Reply to
Jim Warman

go to

and check out the classified ads on that web page and you can get a cd for that year ford for about $11.00 post paid.. it will have everything on the cd including the wiring diagram.. well worth the price of the cd.. its a copy of a ford cd that the dealers use...

Reply to
dbird

Or you can go to one of the cd.image groups and ask for someone to post it...and make your own copy...just to see if it's what you want, then you'll go get a legitimate copy...right?...wink, wink..nudge, nudge.

Reply to
Dinsdale