1996 Soft Top HELP!!

I just traded in my Civic for this used 1996 Mustang GT Convertible. I've never owned a convertible before, so I'm new at this soft top deal. The roof is fine going down, but when going back up, the right side meets the right hole, but the left side needs some serious pushing to get into the hole so that the latches can be put in place and so that the rain doesn't get in. I don't know what to do to correct this...any advice would be great! Respond or e-mail me (just delete the nospam portion). THANKS!!

Reply to
jfbeth

Neither of mine have been that way. Both closed evenly, but needed some assist at the last few inches to close. That's the way you want it to go. It sounds to me like its a bit out of adjustment. I suggest you have a top shop look at it ans see what they think.

Kate

: :

Reply to
SVTKate

adjust the left side retracting arm. you probably need to extend it out some. if that doesn't help then don't put it down anymore

Reply to
toxictony