1998 Mustang GT won't start

My Mustang is turning over but will not fire. So far I have replaced the fuel pump (wasn't getting any fuel pressure but now have pressure since I put the new one in.) Nothing changed. Replaced computer, camshaft sensor, and crankshaft sensor. Nothing changed. Seems to be getting air and has spark. The spark is a little weak though. I called a few Ford garages and no one seems to know what the ploblem is. They all suggested the things I have already tried. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to
tmb202

Are you certain about the fuel pressure? New pump plus old clogged filter still equals no pressure or fuel.

Reply to
Richard

When this happened to me there were two things. First, there is a TSB on a bit of the wiring harness that is inside the steering column. It is too short and breaks and causes this to happen. It's part of the PATS system. That was why mine did not start to begin with. By throwing parts at it I managed to get a new battery and hubs replaced the starter. (Scraped knuckles and a real unhappy camper but it was HIS diagnosis!) a bit over $200 before we gave up and towed it to the shop (SVT Ford dealer 80 miles from us) . Then even more once they fixed it. Point being, $200 I did NOT have to spend.

Second, the cars flood unmercifully if you allow the pump to come up each time you turn on the key. It may seem like it is not firing and just be flooded. Seriously, mine did, I felt like a complete idiot.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

We put a new fuel filter in when we put the fuel pump in.

Reply to
tmb202

If you have an "electronic key" it might be the problem. I have a 99 mustang and one key somehow got deleted. It would turn over but not start. Tried the other key and it worked fine.

Reply to
DonTraboulsee

pleae post your solution. I have a the same problem