1SourceAutoWarranty.com Bankrupt. We Need Your Help

Our extended warranty company 1SourceAutoWarrantee (reinsurer is Primeguard) went insolvent. We are looking for members for a class action suit and to discuss ways of trying to recoup our losses. I started a Yahoo group. If you can help or have been burned, post to snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com. To join or view previous messages go to

Official info from the State can be found at

Steve Horrillo

Suck it up and accept that you screwed up and your money is GONE.

Life isn't fair, not everything is perfect, you take your chances and you pay your money.

You probably had the opportunity to buy the manufacturer's extended warranty, but you thought it was "too expensive" and so you went with the "value" package instead because it was CHEAPER.

You got what you paid for. You gambled--and you lost.

Waaaaaaah.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Unfortunately, the is an all-too-common occurrence with aftermarket warranties, especially in the consumer electronics industry. Good luck squeezing blood from that stone. Chances are that most of that cash is offshore somewhere already and it is rare that consumers get any satisfaction from these cretins...

Reply to
Ritz

Save your money and just cut your losses. They went bankrupt and the owners/operators are long gone. Just who are you going to sue? The only person getting money from your lawsuit will be your lawyer. These aftermerket extended warranties have been nothing but trouble since some crook dreamed them up. Live and learn.

Reply to
Kruse

Yes, how dare Steve think that if he contracted and paid for something that he should actually get it.

The gall!

Blow it out your ass, Elmo. He bought insurance, not lottery tickets.

- Max - ======= My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your allusions and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. - Huey Freeman

Reply to
Max C. Webster III

But that's the point. By going with a relatively unknown/3rd party warranty provider he may just as well have played the lottery. $1000 in tickets is a better shot at winning enough to buy a new vehicle should something happen.

Reply to
Seth

Butttttttttttttt, the type of insurance he bought was about as valuable as a lottery ticket. When you deal with low-end companies based on price as opposed to value, you get what you paid for.

I've pretty much always felt that if I thought I was going to need an extended warranty on anything, that perhaps I should research the product a little bit better and see if there is a better one in the marketplace.

Reply to
Zombywoof

Well, I never said extended warrantees were worth a damn, but that's not really the point. Regardless of whether the company is good, reputable, whatever, if one contracts and pays for coverage, and the company cannot provide that coverage, then they company is in default, and one is entitled to damages. Whether or not there is any money left after the priority UCC claims are settled are another thing. Such a class action suit will likely be a waste of time and effort, and I doubt a good lawyer would take it.

Again, not the point. Whether Steve made a wise choice in the coverage he bought (he didn't) is immaterial. Whether he got what he paid for (he didn't) is.