2000 4.6 GT low oil pressure at idle

When the mustang is cold, the oil pressure goes up and down at idle, and it doesn't do it all the time. Has any one experienced this? It goes all the way from 0 psi (or L) and up to normal. When it is warm, it never does it. There isnt any pinging noises, and it just does this at random. I am thinking it is the sending unit...

Reply to
James Hatfield

The sending unit is a binary switch, so I would guess that it's faulty. It's also probably the easiest and cheapest thing to replace/test.

Reply to
Brent P