2000 GT Troubles - HELP!

Ok, my husband has a beautiful 2000 GT that is having a couple of strange problems. I had him sum them up (see below). Anyone have any advice or ideas about what could be causing these troubles. We are taking it to the dealership this weekend, but I wanted to see if anyone else had similar problems.

And here's the list of symptoms:

"2000 GT

Mach 460 Factory installed Stereo system

Buzzing/whining over speakers while at idle....goes away as the car speeds up

Today I noticed the same whining noise (same pitch) outside the car, like an alternator might be bad or something and when I looked under the hood I couldn't hear it as much, but noticed that the compressor for the A/C kept clicking on and off really fast, like it couldn't commit to being on or off. My a/c seems to be cold, although the frequent cycling may be due to low Freon and not the electrical problems I've been seeing. The Idle speed drops off a lot when the compressor kicks on too. There was also one time when the passenger power window wouldn't work when I pressed the button from either side, but after that one time, it's been fine."

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thx

Reply to
alijim

Just the other day my drivers side window was not going up from the down position. It would just make a faint click. I took the motor out and hooked it back to the cable, but the motor worked then. So I put it back in and now it works. I'm guessing the rollers were stuck in the track and I'm waiting for it to happen again.

Reply to
GILL

Has he changed the spark plugs lately.Could have put in cheap spark plugs.

Reply to
Greg Hans