2000 Mustang Convertible Top Alignment

I am hoping someone could tell me how to align the top on my car.

First, the details.

2000 Mustang Convertible. Driver side window rubs top when opening/closing door. Started in the last 30 days.

The car has not been in any collision. Does not have any visible damage to top. No damage to door. Window is not loose. Top does not have any slack.

Where should I start.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
mustanghelp

I looked in the 2000 service CD and there was no convertible top adjustment section (or I couldn't find it), only a glass adjustment procedure. You'll have to take off the door panel. See the following link. It's a PDF...you'll need the free Adobe Acrobat reader if you don't already have it.

There was a top adjustment section in the '98 cd...I'll send a link to that as well. Use at your own risk...I have no idea if the top mechanisms are similar enough for this to help.

Those files should be available for a week. Hope that helps.

DP Pics of the cars:

Dinsdale

The yousendit site seems to be having problems....if you want the files sent via email let me know...they're both about 20-40kB so it's no problem.

DP Pics of the cars:

Dinsdale

On the assumption that it is similar to my "94 here goes. Raise the top until the first section folds back. You will see that there is an adjusting bolt with a locking nut. The bolt has a hex slot at one end such that you can tighten the nut when set. What you want to do is lengthen the exposed bolt such that the top doesn't close as much when it's up. You will see what I mean when you check. I had the same problem for some time until I twigged to the solution.

Reply to
Richard

Ford Convertible Top Repair & Alignment Manual:

Bill W