2001 Mustang V6 engine problems continue.....

Car: 2001 Ford Mustang V6, stock. 36,668 miles.

Problem(s): The engine runs poorly at idle and when driving a slow speeds (under 50mph). When I am driving along, usually when the engine is at 1400-1600 RPM, and under 50mph, the engine bucks or shudders. This is an intermittent problem and cannot be reliably reproduced (especially when I am trying to show the shop the problem). Also, when I come to a stop, the engine drops under 500rpm briefly and the engine shudders and almost stalls. This shows up most often when the headlights, stereo and fan are on at the same time (but the headlights alone will do it!). Also, the engine feels very rough when driving at under 50mph and I am feeling a lot of vibration throughout the car (wheels were aligned recently, so I do not believe wheel alignment is causing the vibration).

These problems SEEMED to go away for about two weeks after the dealer "flushed" the fuel injectors. However, the problem is now back and getting worse. (Could clogged injectors have been the problem? If so, would they clog up again so quickly?).

Further, I have read a lot of posts on similar problems with V6 mustangs and many people have mentioned the TPS, VSS, and Transmission Range Sensor...

Any ideas before I trade this POS in?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
TEG