2001 seat belts

O.K. Here's the deal, Bought an 01 coupe (V-6 auto) because my wife was going through $80/week in gas and I was racking up a ton of miles on the Cobra. We also figured this would be a great car for our 14 yr old in a couple years. The seat belts don't seem to want to retract with out a bit of help. They are set up different on the coupe than the Vert in the way that they enter the spool (not the typical wrap over itself problem either) Is this the norm for the coupes or are they just worn?

Reply to
Michael Seeley

Mine has a safety recall on it but I don't see one for yours here.

Gill

My 2002 doesn't retract very well without help also. If anyone knows if there is a recall on the 2002 V6 coupe please let me know.....thanks.

Reply to
Lonnie

My 01 GT driver side seat belt didn't retract well and ended up twisting on me all the time. It took me 6 trips to the dealer I bought it from but they finally got tired of my complaining and replaced it (who says persistence doesn't pay off? ).

Works like a charm but I still have to 'assist' it all the way back so it'll go to the end.

Jeff

01 GT FIPK
Reply to
Jeff

Reply to
Michael Seeley

Our 99 F250 has the same trouble, reluctant to go back on the spool. Unfortunately the spool is above not on the floor so we have to fight gravity too.

On my Cobra and also on my 95 GT, sometimes without knowing it they would get a twist waaaay down deep that would cause them to respond slowly.

You may want to try removing the cover and pull the belt all the way out and giving it a good look-see. Give the working parts good cleaning and a shot of WD or ZEP 40 and see if it helps. Crud can build up in them and slow things down too.

Kate

| >> O.K. Here's the deal, | >> Bought an 01 coupe (V-6 auto) because my wife was going through $80/week | >> in | >> gas and I was racking up a ton of miles on the Cobra. We also figured | >> this | >> would be a great car for our 14 yr old in a couple years. The seat belts | >> don't seem to want to retract with out a bit of help. They are set up | >> different on the coupe than the Vert in the way that they enter the spool | >> (not the typical wrap over itself problem either) Is this the norm for | >> the | >> coupes or are they just worn? | >

| > My 01 GT driver side seat belt didn't retract well and ended up twisting | > on me all the time. It took me 6 trips to the dealer I bought it | > from but they finally got tired of my complaining and replaced it (who | > says persistence doesn't pay off? ). | >

| > Works like a charm but I still have to 'assist' it all the way back so | > it'll go to the end. | >

| > Jeff | > 01 GT | > FIPK | |

Reply to
SVTKate

The seat belts on my 2OO2GT have the problem retracting, did Ford ever issue a TSB on this?

Martin

2002GT 243rwhp 285rwtq
Reply to
Martin

I don't know, but it being more annoyance than safety, I would wager that they didnt.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate