2002 Transmission Fluid Change

Was interested that Ford recomends the fluid change at 30,000 miles but says not to change the filter! Anyone done this? Any opinions?

Reply to
ROBBCWZ

This is on an automatic I assume. They don't recommend it and it's usually not needed. But while you are at it you might as well do it. Good thing to replace the fluid at 30K, very critical for long life of the trans.

Rein

I have a 40th GT Convertible w/4kmiles - but on my 89 jeep Cherokee w/219k: I changed autotrans & driveline fluids & drain/flush/refill cooling faithfully every 40k, w/filters as present (not "as necessary"). Runs like new car as my ski/hike/abuse car - it will easily reach 300k miles. Do this whether it "needs it or not" - cause you don't know if it needs it. If it "needs it", it's too late. I will do changes more frequently on my Personal Toy - in 2024, it'll be the best 40th Anniv Street Driven around. Brian in Seattle

Reply to
Brian from Home