2004 GT vert verses 2004 Cobra vert - driving impressions?

Curious.... has anyone driven and compared both a newer GT vert and Cobra vert? Just wondering how they compare in terms of suspension (stiffness, comfort, noise, etc). Also, how about overall drivability? I see the Cobra has a 6-speed... is the engine very "peaky" in terms of torque, or? I have driven a newer GT, but have not yet driven a Cobra. I love the GT overall, but am considering a Cobra for sake of more power... but I would hate to lose any of the things that I like about the GT. I think the GT is PERFECT in terms of great handling while not sacrificing good street manners. I hope the Cobra isn't too stiff or too hardcore in general. I plan to use the car on the street 100% of the time, traffic, potholes, snow, rain, etc.... the GT is fine in all these situations... will I be happy with a Cobra? How is the Cobra engine overall? I've heard people say that the blower is noisy...? Any complaints? Is the power curve smooth or does the blower suddenly create a sharp boost at a certain point, or? (I have never driven a blown car before.) I am hoping to get a car that has good overall manners. Thanks

Reply to
WideGlide

Havn't driven the Verts but I traded a '00 GT for my Cobra.

Cobra is stiffer than the GT but it rides much better, better seats, tires are a bit noisier.

Cobra has a flatter torque curve than the GT. As a matter of fact the power delivery is so smooth you don't realize how strong it really is.

You gotta' go test drive one!

The Cobra has better street manners than the GT.

You can hear the blower when you get on it, the trans is a bit noisey, and the tires are loud at a few mph.

The Cobra uses a positive displacement blower, it is able to make it's full boost at any rpm. It's the centrifical blowers that build boost as the rpm's rise.

The noise issues are not as bad as people sometimes make it sound. You will not find the kind of performance the Cobra provides anywhere else for the $$. Go for a test drive, you'll like it.

Reply to
WraithCobra

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 04:05:36 GMT, "WideGlide" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Stop and think about what you just said; "I think the GT is PERFECT". If that is the case then wouldn't the Cobra be less then perfect in your mind? While the platforms are as similar as any two cars can be, the seats, the tires, the suspension, the engine, the tranny, and let's not forget the blower, are all different.

The Cobra is inherently stiffer, more noisey (but it is such a good noise), and let's not forget about gobs of power at tap through-out the power band.

All in all I would say that the differences between the Cobra & the GT is like comparing a traditional pony car to a refined sports car. It is the GT taken-up several notches. Everything has been brought up a couple of levels.

Now depending on what type of driver you are, and what your experience is driving a refined automobile you may like it better, but then again you may find some of the refinements more then you can handle. The only true way to tell is to go out and test drive one after the other. Personally I would also throw-in a Mach 1 as well just to get another perspective. It fits somewhere in between the GT & Cobra. I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Rein