2005+ Anti-Theft System? Frog or Prince?

Exactly what is the "Active Anti-Theft System" and is it a worthwhile option?

Is this something that is going to trigger every time an alley cat gets near the car? Or worse, lock me out of my own car when it goes haywire?

Looking for opinions!!!

TIA!!

Reply to
Terry Brannigan

It's a little flashing light on the dash....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Actually I found this here:

Terry Brannigan

at 02 Sep 2006, Terry Brannigan [i.dont snipped-for-privacy@noemail.com] wrote in news:YtlKg.35$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.lga:

It came with my vert. All the usual options and a sensor that will detect movement in the cabin when the top is closed. Does not seem to have a shock sensor. It appears to use the sensors that come with the driver info module to detect doors, hood or trunk open so that is also covered.

Mine came with an additional alarm layered on top which also immobilizes the ignition even if the right key is used but the alarm is not switched off. Same keyfob operates both alarms so a pretty nice setup.

Reply to
Paul