2005 GT Passenger seat too low

My wife finds the passenger seat too low to see comfortably over the dash. I tried telling her she's not *supposed* to see over the dash, but she didn't like hearing that.

I've put a sheepskin, folded, on the seat, but she's not wild about that either. The seat isn't adjustable for height as is the driver's seat, so I'm thinking of trying to raise the seat about an inch or so.

Does Ford make a kit to do something like this? Is it possible to put an electronically adjustable seat (like the driver's) on the passenger side? Any ideas would be appreciated!

Reply to
John H.

Get her a kiddy booster seat if she is that short. She really ought to enjoy that. Perhaps one with a little steering wheel and horn will keep her amused.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Uh, she's already pissed! Give me a break.

Reply to
John H.

You can always use a stack of stainless steel washers to shim the seat up. I have done this to quite a few cars back in the day when I installed car audio amplifiers under the seats. If yo wanted to raise the seat one inch you might have to get longet seat bolts or use studs. Works like a charm , just use good quailty washers that are wide and made of stainless steel or zinc plated so they do not leave a rust spot on your carpet.

Reply to
Clark Kent

You dont get laid much, do you?

Reply to
cprice

It's not as simple as some washers. The bolt holding the seats screws in horizontally, not vertically.(at least in the front). I'd have to make some kind of bracket. Doable, but I'd rather find that Ford sold a power seat for something less than a fortune.

Thanks for the response though!

Reply to
John H.

Did you ask the dealer? The only other thing would be to order an aftermarket seat.

Reply to
pete

I get laid constantly. Nothing will drop the panties faster then a little humor.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

No, I haven't asked the dealer yet. I thought the folks on this group were probably more knowledgeable than the dealer. But, I'll give them a shot.

Reply to
John H.

Simplest solution I can find is... let her drive! If the driver's seat adjusts, what the heck!

ok ok... I wouldn't like that either but I had to.

See if you can get another setup like the driver's seat has. It won't be cheap, but the brackets motor, switch and all. That way the seat will be adjustable like yours is. Remount the seat with the electronic goodies and viola! It was possible in the models like mine, could be that yours would be the same.

Any 'hokey' idea might be unsafe. Like stacking washers, boards whatever. The seat needs to be firmly attached to the floor. Something else to consider is airbag deployment..

Otherwise, I would say she will have to learn to live with it. Did she not ride in the passenger seat when you test drove it? I might tell her that she is damn lucky you didn't buy a Camaro. Not only were the seats low, they had a horrible hump in the passenger side that gave you a kink in your back.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

Test drive a new Mustang? You mean like to make sure it was what I wanted and everything worked?

Whoops! I forgot that part. I made the deal over the phone on 24 Dec (based on an internet description) and picked up the car on the 26 Dec. Kinda like a Christmas present for an old guy!

I've actually urged her to drive several times. I think she wants to make sure I put the first scratch on it. Then she'll drive it. In the meantime she just finds things to gripe about, like the seat height and the lack of a pillow with an embroidered Mustang logo thereon.

Reply to
John H.