2005 GT's in Washington DC area?

I would like to find someone in the DC area with a new GT, manual transmission, to compare to mine. I still get a 'thunk' sound (like drivetrain lash) when I go from decelerating to accelerating. I can hear it especially in 3rd gear going around 15-20 mph.

The dealer told me it's just the way they are. But I'd sure like to hear it in another GT to feel a little more confident about what the dealer says.

Reply to
John H

John H wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Can you check out another GT at the dealer?

Reply to
Joe

The dealers don't have any on the lots!

Reply to
John H

John H wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Really? There are a bunch down here. Even convertibles.

Reply to
Joe

I dont have a GT, but I think I have a similar sound... Im in baltimore if you want to meet up and compare...

Do you get a funky relay clicking on and off in the drivers side engine compartment while driving?

Reply to
<japhar>

Do you detect it at all in the higher gears? My '00 GT had a strange *clunk* in the drivetrain. After a couple visits to the dealership they discovered the motor/trans was not properly bolted in. The noise was more pronounced in 3rd, 4th and 5th. In 5th, the throttle up/down at around 70mph would induce the sound/sensation quite reliably.

Reply to
John C.

Damn. While the hardtop GTs seem to be everywhere, I have not seen a single GT convertible here in MA. Seems all the GTs on the lots have the optional stereo, too. That must be a real profit generator.

Reply to
John C.

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 12:38:25 -0400, wrote something wonderfully witty:

Ah the trials & tribulations of buying the first model year of anything.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

No, I haven't heard it. Could be 'cause I'm half deaf though. I'll ask my wife to listen next time we're out.

Reply to
John H

It's most noticeable in 3rd at slow speeds. If the rpm is higher, the engine noise covers the sound. I don't hear it at all in 5th, a little in 4th.

Reply to
John H

I've got the Shaker 1000 in mine, but not because I wanted it. It just happened to be in the car I wanted. It's about a $1200 option (over the price of the Shaker 500). I'd sell it in a minute for half that, or less.

Reply to
John H