2005 GT Shaker 1000 system

I have said car with said sound system. I'm of an age (62) where I really don't need all the bass produced by the amp and speakers in the trunk, and want the extra room. I'm therefore thinking of selling the trunk mounted woofer (boom box? whatever it's called).

Question - is it simply a matter of unbolting the unit and unplugging a few wires? Also, can it be used with the Shaker 500 system by simply plugging in a few wires, or must the complete radio (Shaker 1000) be installed as a unit. My neighbor has a V6 with the Shaker 500, and I'd like to give them a good deal on my woofer, if it is a simple plug and bolt operation.

TIA for any help!

--

****************************************** ***** Have a Spectacular Day! ***** ******************************************

John

Reply to
JohnH

Very simple removal... couple of harnesses and a couple of bolts... I believe a 15mm (could be wrong) but I know a deep well socket is needed for one of them... LOL! I removed mine for the weight savings... saves close to 70 pounds! LOL!

Reply to
John S.

LOL!

Reply to
DS

Do you know if it'll plug and bolt into a system with the Shaker 500?

--

****************************************** ***** Have a Spectacular Day! ***** ******************************************

John

Reply to
JohnH

Must be all those 20hz waves loading things down :)

!
Reply to
Carlton

Sorry... That I don't know... But if I had to guess I would say probably not. Perhaps someting with more Shaker 500 knowledge can comment...

Reply to
John S.

I'm afraid you may be correct. Thanks for the reply.

--

John

Reply to
JohnH