2005 GTs when in showrooms?

You should start seeing them between the 1st and the 15th of October.

Reply to
Iggy

I couldn't care less.... FUGLY sumbitches with a pseudo retro wannabe look

Not picking on you, just had to vent. After seeing one first hand I was SO DAMN disappointed that I am still pissed off. I had really hoped to get an 05 but not the way the look now, They are bigger than a BMW 700 series!

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top

Oh, and I DO know that a lot of people love them... I just don't.

Reply to
SVTKate

Thanks for the info. I hear you about how they look. They are not "fugly" to me but they are not "totally lovely," either. I haven't seen one in person yet like you have. I am not fond of the big, round driving lights in the front and I *do* think the dashboard is FUGLY. Hoping the convertible coming out next Spring looks better but if it doesn't, I might just do a *lot* of work on my 96 GT Convertible and keep it until the next Mustang bodystyle comes out... or... eek... *switch* to some other car. I love Mustangs but if I don't like this new one, I'll go get an Audi Quatro Convertible or something...

Scott

96 GT Convertible 3.73 gears
Reply to
Scotter

Katy -

you know, I have that same sentiment towards the 99+ body style. I am actually looking forward to something different. It sounds like you should look to keep yours for another 5 years. I am thinking of saying bye bye to the '71 and possibly get an '06. I do like the new style.

How is the new place?

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

Let it grow on you. When the 94's came out, it took me a while to warm up to them........

Reply to
Name withheld by request

We are loving it Scott. It is sooooooo beautiful and quiet here. We have been working our butts off clearing brush out of the woods and it seems we have only made a little dent in all that we have to do. BUT it keeps us out of the home stores and the bars so it can't be all bad.

I too feel similarly about the 99+ but am more inclined toward that than the new one. Hell, I suppose I just think that Shug is beooteful and that's all there is for me. Just think of all the money I am saving LOL

Kate

| > Not picking on you, just had to vent. | > After seeing one first hand I was SO DAMN disappointed that I am still | > pissed off. | > I had really hoped to get an 05 but not the way the look now, They are | > bigger than a BMW 700 series! | >

| > Kate | > 98 Cobra Drop Top | >

| > Oh, and I DO know that a lot of people love them... | > I just don't. | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

The 99+ are a much more masculine body style I think. I can see their appeal but this new style is plain and not something that makes me even want to get too close to. Like a roman nosed horse.

Kate

| > On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:22:07 GMT, "SVTKate" | > wrote: | >

| > >I couldn't care less.... | > >FUGLY sumbitches with a pseudo retro wannabe look | > >

| > >Not picking on you, just had to vent. | > >After seeing one first hand I was SO DAMN disappointed that I am still | > >pissed off. | > >I had really hoped to get an 05 but not the way the look now, They are | > >bigger than a BMW 700 series! | > >

| > >Kate | > >98 Cobra Drop Top | > >

| > >Oh, and I DO know that a lot of people love them... | > >I just don't. | > >

SVTKate

The different look will appeal to some, but not sure that it is going to be anywhere close to the sales figures they are hoping for.

Also some may wait and see how this new assembly plant in Flat Rock does with the vehicle...

I have not seem any recent sales figures on the 2004 models, but bet that there will be some good deals real soon ... right now there is $3000 rebate or 1.9% finance charge...

Gerry

Ft Collins, Co

Reply to
Gerry

-------------------

I have to admit, when I first saw the `05 "retro" design, I liked it because I will forever be in love with the original musclecars of the `60's... I love that "classic" original American styling (as opposed to a more modern European flashy styling). However, now looking at the `05 more and more, I am beginning to like it less. Indeed, I wish they had not made the car bigger (even though it is not by much). The car seems to look bigger in any case, has very "tall" doors, etc. I fear that the convertible will specifically look bad, perhaps much worse than the hardtop. I have not seen any 05 convertibles yet, but its just hard to imagine what they will look like... anything that I picture in my head does not seem good. I happen to think my 04 convertible looks great though, even though it has less of a "retro" thing about it. I still have to applaud Ford for going retro... I realize that the whole "retro" thing is just a big trend that will probably seem ridiculous in a few years from now, but I still dig it. I really wish I could buy and drive a 67 Stang, but since I no longer have the time to restore classic cars and fiddle with them constantly, buying an 05 Stang would perhaps be the next best thing, looks quite similar, but with all modern technology, lots of power and great fuel efficiency... if you love the old Stangs of the 60's but need a safe dependable efficient car for daily driving, the 05 is just what the doctor ordered... in my opinion.

Reply to
Fred

DAMN! and here I am .. poor as a churchmouse.

Reply to
SVTKate

Scotter,

We'll have to wait and see, but I'd bet the '05 GT will be more than a match for Kate's Cobra, which by the way is a '98 drop top.

Kate's Cobra has a solid axle. The '99 Cobras were the first to receive the IRS.

The 6-speed didn't happen until the '03 Cobras. Unless you count the ultra-rare '00 R models.

Hers' has a T-45... not the beefiest trans in the world. The new GT's have a stronger trans.

Probably about the same as the '05 GTs.

There isn't anything else. Kate's Cobra is facing the same thing my '93 Cobra faced when the '99 GTs came out, obsolescence.

Technology marches on.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

Wow. Thanks for the friendly corrections, Patrick. I'm glad to learn Ford is moving so quickly ahead that an 05 GT is a match for a '98 Cobra.

Reply to
Scotter

I still haven't warmed up to them all that much. 99 and up though was an easy change for me to adapt too.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Just keep this in mind, we're going to pay the same for that 05 GT that she did for that Cobra back when.

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

Oh yea, I think so too. Unless I can give birth to a supercharger I am gonna be small change.

Of course, out here in the land of 40mph speed limits, size doesn't matter anyway LOL

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

and pay forever and ever and ever and ever......

*sigh*

Kate

| > > Scotter, | > >

| > > We'll have to wait and see, but I'd bet the '05 GT will be more than a | > > match for Kate's Cobra, which by the way is a '98 drop top. | > >

| > > Kate's Cobra has a solid axle. The '99 Cobras were the first to | > > receive the IRS. | > >

| > > The 6-speed didn't happen until the '03 Cobras. Unless you count the | > > ultra-rare '00 R models. | > >

| > > Hers' has a T-45... not the beefiest trans in the world. The new GT's | > > have a stronger trans. | > >

| > > Probably about the same as the '05 GTs. | > >

| > > There isn't anything else. Kate's Cobra is facing the same thing my | > > '93 Cobra faced when the '99 GTs came out, obsolescence. | > >

| > > Technology marches on. | > >

| > > Patrick | > > '93 Cobra | > > '83 LTD | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Founded and administrated by a RAMFM'r. None other than the illustrious Tungsten.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tom

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

rofl... No, they're not that big. You may have told me already, but have you seen one in person? They had one at the OKC auto show and I was very impressed.... really nice lines and great stance. We'll see how the production version turns out.

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

You don't have access to a credit card? Just follow the married car-dude's credo: it's easier to apologize than to get permission.

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out