2005 Mustang Brakes

I got a 2005 Mustang about 6 months ago. Its barely got 5000 miles on it and lately it has started making a squealing noise when I stop. If I stop hard, theres NO noise from the brakes, but if I make a comfortable stop it will squeal all the way til it stops. the problem only shows up after about 10-15min of driving so its probably heat related. I checked with a friend of mine that also has a new Mustang and she also has the same problem. The car stops on a dime so it doesnt seem to be a big problem it just annoys me that it sounds like a big semi trying to stop. Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?

Reply to
Jetter

Squealing is generally caused by the brake pads vibrating in the calipers, particularly the outside pad. I'm surprised, because I thought Ford now used ceramic pads on their new vehicles. Anyway, the fix is simple and cheap. Get a small tube of Permatex Disc Brake Anti-Squeal. Remove the outside pad, and clean the contact surfaces well. Place the blue goop in a light film in the contact are. Re-assemble, and let sit overnight. That should do it.

Reply to
.boB

Thanks, ill try that. I did notice a thin layer of what looked like rust on the rotor. I dont think it is rust but its an orangish film. I try to wash the car once a week so maybe it is but I hope not.

Reply to
Jetter

There's your answer.

Reply to