2005 Mustang GT prices

Wow am I bummed out. Went to the local dealer and they want $32K for a standard deluxe GT. Their $5K mark up includes custom wheels and a window tint package and they are not dealing. I didn't even look at the prices on the Roush mustangs. But the funny thing was it looked like the dealer put the standard factory wheels on the Roush mustangs and the Roush wheels on the standard mustang so they could charge another $5k on the factory car. Guess I'll get a Volvo S40 T5 for a lot less, but I really wanted another Mustang GT - just not with a $5K ADM.

Reply to
Neoisthe1

If you really want a new Mustang GT just go to another dealer. Once you have your new Mustang drive it over to the first dealer and make it known that they lost a sale beacuse of a BS mark-up.

Reply to
WraithCobra

So you are one of the suckers who fell for Volvo's silly "appeal to the youth with another one of our boring cars" ads?????

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

5K markup.. I'd tell em to shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying
Reply to
Rein

Was $3K mark up at one local dealer for GTs on the lot, and $1500 mark up at a second dealer. Most dealers are have plenty of V6 models with no mark up, and according to the Mustang forums, already being discounted...

However, the dealer marking up the GT for $3K is willing to accept MSRP or lower on an order for a new GT. So I am off tomorrow to see if I can work out a deal with him and order a Premium GT. Hopefully can have it by the Spring! It's going to be one long-ass winter.

-Bill J.

95 GT (for only a little while more)
Reply to
Bill Jones

was looking at the December production figures in Automotive News.....NO Crown Vics, Marquis, Town Cars, LSs made....a lot of 500s....a trickle of Taurus and about 3000 a week Mustangs.

You'd think a Ford dealer would be happy to make a sale - especially when a lot of Mustang sales could be conquests.

There was another make that had dealers who preferred to sell fewer cars with bigger mark-ups than go for volume.....Studebaker.

Reply to
yahoo xxxchangeit

Neoisthe1 opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m02.aol.com:

Well, that's cool... looks like you just flunked the "smart and enthusiastic enough to own a Mustang" test.

Or you're a troll.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Amen. Ford is ramping up to reach production figures in the neighborhood of 150,000 to 180,000 Mustangs for MY05, about a third of those being GT's. If one was concerned about markup they would just have to wait a few months. Heck, by June there will most likely be rebates and dealer incentives to get the inventory moved.

This is a landmark vehicle for Ford, but it's not a niche vehicle by any means :).

. Dan

2003 Cobra convertible With some stuff and things
Reply to
Dan

?? I have owned a number of Mustangs and Volvos over the years, I don't think any ad will make a difference one way or another. Guess the two other Ford dealers I have been to since yesterday have really pissed me off, because they are all playing the same games with the GT in my neck of the woods, LOL I can not wait for a new car until spring as mine is DOA and the Volvo dealer is willing to discount a loaded S40 T5 over $ 5K less than the marked up GT. So if I can't find a deal on a GT this week, the S40 T5 is the second choice for me. Lots of safety features, good warranty, 0-60 in 6.1 and 149mph top end,

21 city, 30 hyw - certainly not a GT by any stretch but it flys under the insurance radar. Sorry for the rant, I just wanted a GT but I'm tired of playing games with the dealers.
Reply to
Neoisthe1

Try finding a good deal on the internet. There are hundreds of Ford dealers you can haggle with going that route.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

You are lucky you are not living here, where the prices for a 2005 Mustang are over the $100K

Reply to
George W. Frost

I just bought a yellow, 5 speed manual, GT, loaded, for $1000 over MSRP. They started at $3000 over. Keep working on them.

As I am new to the Mustang arena, please bear with a stupid question. What is a Rausch Mustang.

Thanks.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

Roush, Jack Roush. He is a builder of "Tuner" automobiles such as the Roush Stage 3 and 360R Mustangs. He also designs and sells performance parts which you can see here

. I wanted a Stage 3, but for themoney ($15G Less) the Cobra was a better buy.

Reply to
WraithCobra

Have you considered a Pontiac GTO (aka Holden Monaro) ?? They are going for under 25K now.You can haggle like crazy for these. Or you can wait and pay the 30K for a 2005 GTO which will have the 400HP LS2. You get IRS and much better refinement than Mustang.

Musty

2000 GT (Red 5sp)
Reply to
Musty

Just wait a while to buy one. They'll have many on the lot soon that they'll have to unload.

Reply to
Mark

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 23:23:06 GMT, "George W. Frost" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Where are you that a Mustang is $100K?

Reply to
ZombyWoof

The Wonderful Land of OZ

Reply to
George W. Frost

Sorry, made a misteak, the prices are:

Make FORD ModelMUSTANG SeriesGT Year2005 Body typeCoupe TransmissionAutomatic Doors2 Door Price$120,500 CurrencyAUD Reference CodeST218491

Reply to
George W. Frost

are

That is just absurd. I thought AUD$90K for a 2001 cobra was bad, but this is just appaling. Its supposed to be a very affordable sportscar.

Reply to
Musty

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 04:56:21 GMT, "George W. Frost" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Auh, but those aren't real dollars :)

Reply to
ZombyWoof