2005 Mustang, iPod and the "aux" input

Does anyone have information about the "aux" input on the Shaker500 system in the new Mustang? I want to be able to connect my iPod through it and have not been able to find information that will help me do that. I could yank my stereo out of the dash and actually LOOK for the jacks or plugs to see what I need, but I don't want to go digging around without SOME sort of spec manual or something first.

Danka!

Reply to
Nunya

Go on over to The Mustang Source forums. There have been extensive discussions in the 2005 Mustang forum under the "Audio & Interior Dress-Up Mods" section. The basic answer to your question is that the "aux" button is non-functional on the Shaker head units. Those head units are shared with other vehicles, and in the other vehicles the Aux button is used for a DVD player. There are no RCA jacks in the back of the unit. Don't bother taking yours out to find out. Someone posted a pic on the TMS forum showing there are no RCA jacks.

-Bill J.

95 GT
Reply to
Bill Jones

I guess you are talking about a 2005 Mustang - What does the manual say about this button?

I had the Mach 450 in my 02, and I changed out the head unit to get my iPod and computer to input to it.

John

Reply to
John Shepardson