2006 Grinding?

Hi all,

I too have a 2006 GT automatic Mustand and I'm noticing this slight grinding sound. I'm not sure exactly how to describe it. I don't seem to notice it while driving on the highway or faster speeds, but I do seem to hear it when idle at a red light or sometimes driving slower speeds. Any ideas..or suggestions...just got the car in late September. thanks in advance

Reply to
Chap

On a car this new, I would be talking to the service department... not a NG... Give them enough info to reproduce the concern (can't fix anything we can't verify) or, better yet, take the shop foreman for a drive and let him hear the sound. If there is an identifiable concern, there is no sense in driving it to destruction.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Reply to
cprice

Nope...

BTW, your contribution to this thread is stellar...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Chap wrote: ..... Any

Back in 78, my dad bought a Fiesta. It was the first 4 cyl he owned since a model A...

This car ran fine but at idle the engine would vibrate like crazy. Instead of leaving the car at the dealer to investigate, I went to the sales floor and asked to try another Fiesta. They grabbed a key off the board, we found the car and started it. It acted exactly like my dads. End of problem.

It's possible that the noise is completely normal, and trying anothe car might prove it as well. My buddy has an 03 Corvette that makes an odd mechanical noise at idle from the transmission area. He said that not only is it considered normal, the noise was described in the video tape that came with the car.

John

Reply to
John-Del

"John-Del" wrote in news:1130764844.073791.127940 @g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Second that... you're right to be apprehensive, but there ARE natural sounds that 'come with' a certain car.

I recall, back in the late sixties, that Toploaders and Saginaw 4 speeds sounded different than a T-10 in the same car

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Reply to
cprice