2006 Mustang Convertible 2 questions?

at 01 May 2006, Itsfrom Click [ snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net] wrote in news:6116- snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3252.bay.webtv.net:

I have the top down 99% of the time on my commute with no tonneau. Even at highway speeds there is very little flapping that I can see in my rear view mirror. I'n not sure if my light bar contributes to that or not.

Reply to
Paul

had mine on the highway for the first time yesterday....hundred or so miles at 70 mph and 30 miles mixed suburban......averaged 21.5 mpg US. since it still has less than 300 miles on it, assume it will improve. and thank goodness it takes regular - my Chrysler takes premium $$$$$$

Jim C '06 GT convert

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

I just put 300 miles on my 06' GT convertible and pulled 23mpg on the trip. the car has about 2000 miles on it and I had the top up the whole way due to rain. I am happy with the mileage I am getting. I have owned many convertibles and have hardly ever used the tonneau only to dress it up.

Reply to
driver

I just crossed 2000 miles with my 06 GT ragtop.. I have had it since the middle of April and I have a 25 mile highway commute each day .. I also took it on a trip from Reading, PA to Richmond, VA (560 mile round trip)

I am averaging 23 MPG overall.. On the Long trip, I got 25 MPG.. Which is about the same as I was getting from my 2000 Mustang v-6, 5-speed coupe...

Very Pleased... There is NOTHING like cruising down the highway in a loud V-8, top down, with the stereo cranked up.. (especially when you pull up alongside one of those Rap-Thumping, Bumble-Bee sounding, Neon Lit, Fiberglass BodyKit Nightmare, 8 foot tall and 4 Wing, spoiler wearing, Eurotrash 'things' that seem to be all the rage these days... ) :-)

2006 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium Satin Silver Dark Charcoal Leather Interior Upgrade Package Shaker 500 Auto

Tony (44 going on 18)

Reply to
tony

replying to Bill Jarrett, Randy COoke wrote: I just had The windows Tinted on my 2006 GT convertible, and Noticed a "FLAPPING NOISE" .. after I picked my car up.. Drove me nuts for 2 days.. Till I thoroughly inspected the back window area, and Found the Adhesion / contact area where the Convertible top Is adhered to the Glass Came Unglued.. I hope this saves SOme one else this frustration !

Reply to
Randy COoke