2006 mustang convertible

V6 or V8 (GT) ?

5 speed auto or 5 speed manual ? I do not spend much time in traffic.

My local dealer says that he can now order a 2006 GT convertible for MSRP.

Thanks, Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

What's more important to you? Going fast or saving money? The V8 costs significantly more than the V6 right off the bat. Then it gets worse gas mileage and costs more to insure than a V6. In terms of looks, the cars look almost identical.

That said...which would I get? The V8, of course. 8-)

Reply to
Ritz

Recently, I rented a V6 convertible to drive around the seattle area. Fun car, I really liked it. The V6 had a surprising amount of power. Not enough, but pretty good. Add a blower, headers, and a computer tune and you'll make more power than a stock GT V8. Even a few simple bolt on tricks from Steeda will net quite a bit of power. I was really surprised at how well the auto shifted. Very smooth, very fast, very solid. Just about the best auto I've ever driven. I don't think it gives up much in economy, either. The auto is the hot ticket, IMO. I'll bet it's quicker than a 5 speed for the average driver.

Reply to
.boB

V8 - 5 Speed Anything less would be ... well... less.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

er.

I agree about the automatic trans. I drove both before buying an 06 automatic GT. The automatic feels just as strong to me.

Reply to
Ralph in NC

I just purchased a '05 GT, V-8, 5sp manual. I wouldn't take anything else. But if you are into the car for looks and the name of Mustang and speed and muscle isn't you, then get the cheaper V-6. They look identical and are suprising fast.

Reply to
mch.allen

Hey Lynn,

I just ordered a GT with a five speed. There is no way I will be able to drive this car in snow (we get a lot here, in Idaho) as there is too much power. The clutch is noticeably stiffer than the one on my heavy duty 3/4 ton 4x4 truck. If I planned to drive in inclement weather (rain even) I would definitely choose an automatic. The fuel economy is not so different between the GT and the base model with the 6 cylinder, on the highway. For ease of life? Get the GT with the automatic. If you like control and a little more power? 5-speed.

David Buschhorn GT Jet-Black, 5-speed, no spoiler.

Reply to
David Buschhorn