2007 Cobra engine info from SEMA ?

Any info circulating on this yet? Friend of mine who went to SEMA said he thought there was some info tossed out from a somewhat official source on engine config and estimated pricing for the car. Probably still speculation. Oh well. I figure the beast will be over $40K.

Reply to
DriveSpy

at 10 Nov 2004, DriveSpy [ snipped-for-privacy@aol.com] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m05.aol.com:

Last I heard the Cobra is pulled forward to the 06 model year instead of the 07 model year. This was apparently at SEMA. The engine is suppossed to be the same one as in the Ford GT as there seems to be a problem with the lightning engine going thourgh clutches at an alarming rate. No pricing info so far.

Reply to
Paul

The Ford folks at SEMA were saying they expected about a $5k bump in price. The drivetrain isn't set in stone but the V10 is out and there are no plans for a 4.6. That leaves the 5.4, 24 valve, VVT motor. Given they've already developed the supercharged version for the Lightning, and Ford's past statements about consolidating the engines in their top performers, the new

5.4 with a supercharger is at the top of the list.
Reply to
Dan