2009/10 rear end treatment

they ruined the look of the rear of the mustang. God it's horrible.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Yep... that's why I went with the new Camaro... ;) I really loved my

2005 Mustang.. but the 2010 is simply over stylized... and I simply cannot stand the rear.. UGH! It would have been a lot more palatable say if the EcoBoost would have been an option! LOL!
Reply to
John S.

dittos: almost as-if they thought the restyle wasn't enuff for the average person to notice, so they intentionally accentuated the butt-in-the-air look.......very un-Mustang, and its......well, its as weird as a French car!!!!!

the only thing that might grow on me is the sequential turn signals - remind me of my old T-Birds - lthough they don't come-off too well with the close-spaced lenses. anyone know if the electronics are adaptable to 2005-09s.....or is it back to JC Whitney?

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

It's a draw for me. There are things I like and hate about both.

The 2009 is got wayyyyy too much bumper cover. The 2010 is the same from a structure standpoint obviously but spliting it into two pieces with a black lower does make the bumper cover appear normal sized.

The contours of the 2009 are more like the classic mustang chrome bar bumper. The upward taper on the 2010 is kinda odd for a mustang.

The dishing of the taillamp panel on the 2010 is like a '69. The 2009 is more 1970. I've always prefered the '69 over the '70. I wish they had made the dish deeper and had the tri-bars protrude too.

The white space between the tri bars on the 2010 is odd looking. the little squares on the bottom of the inner tri-bars on the 2009 is the same cheap solution ford has been using for over a decade. Reminds me of maverick more than mustang. I'd prefer classic separate back up lamps. I give them credit for trying something new, but they had to keep it cheap by making one lens for all the parts.

So 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other IMO.

Reply to
Brent

There are a couple people selling kits to make any (non-computer controlled) muliti lamp system do the sequential thing. I put them on my 99. I think the cost now would be around $125 for a kit.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

That's about right.

Shelby offers a kit for the S197 et seq that is touted as having 6 (six) different modes. I could only find five distinct ones, but none that justified the extra cost over the common one (as sold by American Muscle, for instance). I settled on the standard sequence slowed down a barely perceptible beat.

Reply to
Frank ess