2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

ZR! was the coolest vette iv'e ever seen, heres a link,

car does 0 to 60 in 3.3 seconds, this one is the only one in CAfrom what I know.

Chech out the specs for this monster...

adnvi77o

This car does 0 to 60 in 3.3 seconds, this one is the only one in CA> from what I know.

Wicked car. As soon as I have a bald spot, I intend to get one.

Brad and Karen

> This car does 0 to 60 in 3.3 seconds, this one is the only one in CA>> from what I know.>>

How much do they cost, $100k ?

Reply to
Jason

This car does 0 to 60 in 3.3 seconds, this one is the only one in CA> from what I know.

What a shit box

Michael

Reply to
Michael

> This car does 0 to 60 in 3.3 seconds, this one is the only one in CA>> from what I know.>>

Wait, you mean I should have one?

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Michael,

At least tell us what you drive so we can see what you're comparing it to.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

> This car does 0 to 60 in 3.3 seconds, this one is the only one in CA>> from what I know.>>

$140K to go 200mph. Where can one go 200 in the USA ? (excluding race tracks) I can get to 120 in a '93 5.0, but that is way too fast for any roads around here. (computer limit) In '87 speed density got to 140, but only for a few seconds, too many other cars going only 70 on the road, this was about 2 am, at 140 you tend to eat up a few miles very fast, and there is only a few sections of road that are that smooth to support the speed. the'87 was stock, ex cop car, paid about $4,000 for it, with 110,000 miles on it.

Reply to
Jason

> This car does 0 to 60 in 3.3 seconds, this one is the only one in CA>> from what I know.>>

I have two cars. The one of interest here is my 2001 Zinc Yellow Mustang Premium.

IMHO, anything that cost more then its worth is a shit-box.

My brand new 1990 5.0 LX at $ 12,700 was a great GREAT car. Probably one of the best values to date. My 2001 GT Premium at $ 27,500 out the door was a good value. The 2009 Mustang similarly equipped as my 2001 is $33,000 before fees/taxes. This new Mustang is now in the SHIT BOX category. I wont be buying another one.

The ZR1 IMHO is a Shit Box. You shoudent have to spend like that for fun and performance.

Michael

Reply to
Michael

>> This car does 0 to 60 in 3.3 seconds, this one is the only one in CA>>> from what I know.>>>

> What a shit box

Hum, I paid 22K OTD for my new 2000 GT prem. What does that make yours again?

Reply to
GILL

>> This car does 0 to 60 in 3.3 seconds, this one is the only one in CA>>> from what I know.>>>

This makes no sense.

$27,500 in 2001 IS $33,000 in 2009... Try to keep up.

dwight (old fart, but aware of his surroundings)

Reply to
dwight

>>> This car does 0 to 60 in 3.3 seconds, this one is the only one in CA>>>> from what I know.>>>>

>> What a shit box

Just about a $HIT BOX !

Michael

Reply to
Michael

>>> This car does 0 to 60 in 3.3 seconds, this one is the only one in CA>>>> from what I know.>>>>

The fully loaded 2009 by me would be 35k out the door. $7,500 bucks more then the 2001 was. At that price it makes it a full fledged SHIT BOX.

Michael

Reply to
Michael

LOL! If anybody has a desire to spend that much money on a sports car, you may as well get a GT. That car you can drive around without wanting to get a bald spot.

Reply to
Kruse

Interesting. Have you checked out the new Cobalt?

dwight

Reply to
dwight

I paid $20, 300 for my '00 GT premium. What a great value!

>>> This car does 0 to 60 in 3.3 seconds, this one is the only one in CA>>>> from what I know.>>>>

>> What a shit box

Reply to
John Verdi

Hiya... I like the Cobalt a lot. The standard coup is a great value. Very good on gas too. I like them in yellow. I'm not sure what I think of the Cobalt SS. They get just over 260 horses out of the turbo charged engine and the handling is quite good. The interior is very nice too. It is usually advertised as the fastest car you can get for under 25k. Still... For me, I'd spend the extra and get a Mustang GT over the Cobalt SS. If I was to get a Cobalt, I'd get the standard coup for under 20k. My second car after my 2001 GT is a 2001 Mazda Protégé. I would have never dreamed of getting a non American car, but it was given to me for free by my Father. Very nifty little car. Good on gas, few if any repairs and was a very affordable buy. If I needed to replace it, I'd get the standard Cobalt coup.

Michael

Reply to
Michael

HMMMMMMMM using those standards, then a used Yugo (in yellow) would be a near priceless value And no need to wait for a bald spot with that one. You'll get it from scratching your head wondering what the hell you have in the driveway. I'll keep my 2005 Stang GT, over $25K but still running and the title is in my safe, not the bank's LOL

Reply to
notme

haha......years ago, I lusted for a new Corvette.....even joined the owners club.....and wondered why they had such a lowlife slogan as "Wrap your ass is fiberglass". attended a few meetings and found out why......and bought a Jag instead.

'Course the Jag was a piece of junk.....and the 'Vette would now be worth 10 times what it cost. But still think anyone who "needs" a car that cannot be driven near it's capabilities has security problems.......likewise Harleys, Hummers, and all those boy racer cars you see sold at R&M to prosperous pizza parlor owners.

Which old auto writer said "Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, then drive a fast car slow" !!!

Well, we gotta keep the economy going!

Old Curmudgeon

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

hey now... I drive my Hummer H3 to it's full capabilities! Actually I was quite impressed with it's off-road abilities! I have beaten the living snot out of it and it just keeps going! LOL!

First time I took it in for an oil change (which requires dropping the skid plates, which were loaded with nasty swamp mud...) I heard the guy yell over to the other guy "Oh my God! This ones been OFF ROAD!" I got a good laugh out of that! I also managed to pick up one of the few H3's with a manual tranny! (which is great for off-road). I'm currently running a set of 33 inch mud tires... which fit without a lift!

Oh... some of my auto-x buddies day the Cobalt SS's have been really doing well in the stock classes... in fact one guy told me they were basically cleaning up!

Reply to
John S.

"John S." wrote in news:894928c6-91e5-48e6- snipped-for-privacy@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

H2 = Chevy Colorado