2150 carburetor problems

Just wondering if there are any carburetor gurus in here..I have an 83 Ford van that is having some problems with the carburator.. it idles fine when in park... but when put in drive or park it pops through the carburator and acting like it is not getting any gas ..and the engine shakes something fierce any ideas ?

Reply to
Wolfie 31

Sounds like ignition secondary problem...... bad wires, plugs, cap or rotor - maybe a combination...... has the motor been washed lately? Water in the cap can do this, too...

Reply to
Jim Warman
** Just wondering if there are any carburetor gurus in here..I have an 83 ** Ford van that is having some problems with the carburetor.. it idles ** fine when in park... but when put in drive or park it pops through the ** carburator and acting like it is not getting any gas ..and the engine ** shakes something fierce any ideas ?

If you're getting a backfire through the carburetor, also check EGR valve operation; if it is dirty and hanging open, exhaust gasses will ignite the incomming air/fuel mixture. Check cam and ignition timing as well.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams