22K Service

Just brought in My '03 GT Vert for it's 22k service. THe car had been running pretty good. In the cold the 5sp was a little cranky till it warmed up and the front creaked a bit till everything got warm.

Took it in for service last Thursday 12/16 and as of today Monday 12/20 it's still not ready. Apparently new tie rods are going in on the front and a "Kit" is being installed on the tranny. I have no Idea what this is about.

Anyone out there know?

Happy Holidays!

Reply to
mustangjoe

Just brought in My '03 GT Vert for it's 22k service. THe car had been running pretty good. In the cold the 5sp was a little cranky till it warmed up and the front creaked a bit till everything got warm.

Took it in for service last Thursday 12/16 and as of today Monday 12/20 it's still not ready. Apparently new tie rods are going in on the front and a "Kit" is being installed on the tranny. I have no Idea what this is about.

Anyone out there know?

Happy Holidays!

Reply to
mustangjoe

The "kit" is probably for the Tremec 3650 transmission notchy feeling between first and second. I had mine done this August. There is a thread over on StangNet on the TSB.

Reply to
Martin

Thanks! Took a look at the TSB describes my problem exactly. Did the TSB resolve your problem??

Reply to
mustangjoe

Yes, now shifting from first to second is nice and smooth. The dealer did not even care that I have a Hurst shifter installed.

Reply to
Martin