275 on gt rim

Anyone try to put a 275 40 17 tire on a GT premium Rim? 17 x 8, most would say no but I am just wondering if someone has done it.

thanks

Reply to
dave

Probably but not a wise decision. Those tires require a minimum rim width of

9.0 inches to a max of 11.0 inches. I would think that you will roll the tire off the wheel when cornering at speed.
Reply to
Richard

Plus it'd look stupid. :)~

(it'd, hehe, haven't used that one for a long time.)

Reply to
Mark C.

i got 275/40 on my 8" wide bullet rims and they look fucken sweet

Reply to
Joey Pankiw