Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- 3.8 Mustang Head Bolt Torque. Confused?
January 27, 2004, 10:34 pm
rate this thread
Any Ford techs out there?
I'm replacing a blown head gasket on my son's 3.8 liter'94 Mustang and I'm
confused about the torque on the head bolts. According to the Haynes
Step 1 15 ft. lbs.
Step 2 29 ft. lbs.
Step 3 37 ft. lbs.
Step 4 Loosen the bolts 2 to 3 turns.
Step 5 Long Bolts 29-37 ft. lbs.
Short Bolts 7-15 ft. lbs.
Step 6 Turn an each bolt another 90 degrees.
My question is is this information up to date? My Haynes manual is a few
Why torque the short bolts to 37 ft. lbs. (Step 3) when the final torque is
7-15 ft. lbs.
What does Torque sequence does Ford state for the 3.8 liter?
Thanks for any help...
- » F150 700lbs lighter. 1988 Mustang 3400lbs, now 3900lbs, Challenger Wildcat 4500lbs. WHY&...
- — Newest thread in » Ford Mustang Forum
- » Folloow--up on car t hat needs right rear lower control arm.
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Toyota Camry