3-Day weekend

How many of you out there are going to go someplace and how many are going to try to stay off the roads as much as possible?

I think I am going to stay in the latter group.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

I'm going to get loaded and drive down the sidewalk, thereby avoiding the asshole drunks on the street.

Reply to
CobraJet

Going to Vici, Oklahoma for the yearly family reunion. On Sunday.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

I'm going to be driving like a total mad man this weekend, with speeds in excess of 100 mph...pedal to the metal all the way, burning rubber and racing other cars at the lights, no holds barred for money and pride.

LOL...at the track that is!!! This is our big fall bracket race weekend so I'll be there trying to dislodge the first place champion...wish me luck!

I hope everyone drives safe this weekend, it's a bad one for accidents.

Have fun

-- Buzz Haze-Ottawa ON

87 5.0 LX Coupe
Buzz Haze

Groovy. I say we pick Vegas as the midpoint, and collide head-on on the Strip.

Damn, you wimp. Good luck.

I hope some juicy decap pics hit the Net.

Reply to
CobraJet

"SVTKate" wrote in news:ji9_c.4118$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

We've got no choice. We're all boarded up hoping that Frances leaves soon.

Joe

Hold on tight! Just out of curiosity, why didn't you get out of there?

Kate

| > I think I am going to stay in the latter group. | >

| > Kate | | We've got no choice. We're all boarded up hoping that Frances leaves | soon. | | Joe | Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies | Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

Reply to
SVTKate

No time to go anywhere, and no place to go. Thursday was pandemonium around here with people getting last minute supplies (including me) and trying to gas up. Almost all stations were dry by Thursday night; the few that had gas had lines that were about 10 cars deep. Not a hotel/motel room to be had from the keys up through Orlando, either. So we're sitting tight waiting for this biotch to leave. This damn thing is so big that it would cover almost the whole state if it were superimposed over it. Here's a quick link:

"SVTKate" wrote in news:svi_c.5371 $ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Reply to
Joe

Me too, I made my 1000 mile move from OC (Orange County Ca.) to OC (Oregon City OR.) I'm still experiencing culture shock, no sales tax Glee, and learning all these crooked streets. Might go fishin though.

Reply to
Gill

Just finished cleaning my Stang. It's 3 days of fun and sun on Cape Cod. Martin

2002GT 5 spd 243rwhp 285rwtq
Reply to
Martin

at 03 Sep 2004, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@excite.competitive] wrote in news:ji9_c.4118$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Seeying as I'm in the path of Frances, I'm with you. Staying home. Anyhow, gas is very scarce in this part of Florida right now so I intend to keep my tankfull for emergencies until it becomes available again...

Reply to
Paul

You'all need to move back up to the great Northeast. Here in Philly, we have New Jersey as a buffer zone, just in case any of those nasties wander up this way. Like you said when Charley came through, our hurricanes are nothing like Florida's.

I've got the top down today and absolutely nothing to do. I'll be out toolin' around for a few hours, and then might do some yardwork. TFrog's in the hospital for heater core and A/C rework (among other things) and won't be done now until Tuesday. I had planned to scrub and detail its interior (get rid of that damn radiator fluid smell), but it looks like I now have a couple of days off.

As of last time I heard, we won't get the rains until Monday.

dwight

dwight

Stay dry, buddy. That looks like a real mess.

People can say what they want about the heat in Arizona, but we are devoid of hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, and incessant rainfall. I think I'll stay put.

Now, if you''l excuse me, I think I'll go outside and feed the rattlesnakes, scorpions, and tarantulas.

Reply to
CobraJet

"CobraJet" wrote | | Now, if you''l excuse me, I think I'll go outside and feed the | rattlesnakes, scorpions, and tarantulas.

Having the kids over for dinner aye CJ ?

| > Joe | > Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies | > Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC | >

| > "SVTKate" wrote in news:svi_c.5371 | > $ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net: | >

| > > Hold on tight! | > > Just out of curiosity, why didn't you get out of there? | > >

| > > Kate | > >

| | -- | CobraJet | Thunder Snake #1

Reply to
SVTKate

Hey Paulie! I've been wondering where you are and what you're up to

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

at 04 Sep 2004, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@excite.competitive] wrote in news:Uuv_c.6111$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Working like 60 to 70 hour weeks the last month or so. I'm subcontracting for a few agencies and am doing computer upgrades, training etc for a number of financial institutions. Pony is sure getting a workout lately, hence the need for new brakes etc. My own IT consulting biz wasn't making me enough money so I had to find something else to bring in $$$ to keep pony in a nice comfortable and safe garage. :-)

Reply to
Paul

Good to hear that you're safe. Sounds like you found more than enough to keep you busy! Dang, with those hours, how do you find the time to play?

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Well, I took Friday off too for a 4-day weekend. :-)

I've been painting rooms all summer in the evenings and weekends when I can. Call it a casual pace. Five rooms are done. I'm working on the family room this weekend. Giving my legs a real workout. It has a vaulted ceiling and I'm too cheap and slow (which adds to the expense) to rent scaffolding, so I get to climb up and down my ladders *a lot*.

I'm taking one day off from painting next weekend though and going to the Frankenmuth Auto / Oldies Fest. Never been to it before. It runs

9/10-9/12. On Friday evening, they have a "Big Block" party. Here's a link:

Looks like fun. Anyone been? Anyone else going?

Reply to
John

at 06 Sep 2004, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@excite.competitive] wrote in news:wRW_c.7398$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Yup, made it through safely so far. Minor damage like a possible leak in the roof which may have messed up some electrical circuits as some of the outlets in the kitchen are without power. As well as a wooden garagedoor so saturated with water (Wind was blowing rain on it for liek 15 hours) that it's too heavy for the opener. (Poor Pony is locked in the garage unles sI help the opener by pushing up the door) Guess when it dries out I better put some coats of sealer on it...

Play? What is play? ;-)

Reply to
Paul

"dwight" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I lived in northern NJ for too long. In fact, that's the reason why I live in Florida now. I can still remember having to get up an hour early just to chip away the 1/2" of ice on my windshield and let the car warm up so it was actually driveable. No thanks.

Talk to me in February. I'll be sitting on a beachfront veranda sipping a pina coloda enjoying the 78 degree temperature.

Did the carpet get all wet? That's the pits. FWIW, try some Febreeze. Works very well.

Today is beautiful. Wonderful day to get up on the roof and cement loose shingles.

Joe