3 transmissions, why not a motor??

Well, I finally got my car back last friday after having the transmission rebuilt for the third time. BTW, for those who don't know I bout this car in October. The transmission has been rebuilt more times than I have had oil changes. Well, I picked it up friday after it had been there for three weeks to the day. Driving it home I heard a clacking noise. I knew it was something internal, but tried to blow it off. Well, today I asked my brother and we both looked at it with the hood up. Yep, its definitely an internal problem. I brought the car back today and was so close to trading it and my lightning in on an '05 F150. I'm not a huge fan of their styling though and they didn't give me a good enough deal so I guess i'll keep the car. I couldn't leave it with them today though so I made arrangements with the manager to bring my car in tomorrow. I am just so aggrivated with this car it isn't even funny. It has been in the shop more than it has been on the road. I bought this car to have something reliable but it turned out to be a piece of junk. Oh well, I guess I should be thankful I bought the warranty for it. I'll keep everyone posted. I can honestly say I have never ever been more dissapointed in a vehicle brand in my life. I almost wish I'd bought a dodge. Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT(POS)

Reply to
Erik D.

Boy, that sux!

But you know, I think, that this isnt typical.

Maybe if it was a VW product,,,, ;)

But if it was close to typical, the Mustang would have followed the camabird into history.

Erik D. opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Sounds like the dealer/mechanics is the problem, and not the car (anymore)...?

Rein

Erik, I hate to hear about your bad luck with the 01. But I have to agree, it is not typical of Mustangs. I think anyone can get ahold of a lemon, or a car that has been abused. I know this doesn't help your situation or make you feel any better. But I feel like I must speak up for the reliability of Mustangs, as I have had four and have basically had good luck with all.

John

rebuilt for the third time. BTW, for those who don't

than I have had oil changes. Well, I picked it

I heard a clacking noise. I knew it was

and we both looked at it with the hood up. Yep,

close to trading it and my lightning in on an '05

good enough deal so I guess i'll keep the car. I

manager to bring my car in tomorrow. I am just so

than it has been on the road. I bought this car to

guess I should be thankful I bought the warranty

more dissapointed in a vehicle brand in my life.

Reply to
teeces

"Erik D." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net:

Erik, sorry to hear about all this, but I gotta tell you - my R/T's running great. ;)

Joe

Well, I picked it up friday after it

The problem is not your car. It's where you take it. Every so often, the dealer gets an official report from Ford that rates your dealer compared to the other dealers. This report rates all kinds of items, including customer satisfaction, getting it fixed right the first time, ease of dealing with the service manager, etc. Ask the owner of your dealership to view this report. If he doesn't let you see it, you know exactly where his store rates compared to other dealers in your area.

Reply to
Kruse