302 or 351w into a 65 Ford Falcon Futura?

Hello,

I know this is a mustang group, but since the falcon and mustang have the same mechanical underpinnings I figured I would ask. I have a 65 ford falcon futura with an inline six that I'm getting ready to put a v8 into. Now its just a question of a 302 or 351w. I have read that a 351w will fit but I'm not sure if it will require modification to the shock towers and if there will be enough space for headers and maintenance. Anyone have any experience with a swap like this? Thanks.

Reply to
kmiera

Check here

Falc> Hello,

Reply to
Falcon Guy

Stick w/ a 302/5.0. As long as you're at it, if you feel the cubes are needed, there are popular 331 & 347 stroker kits for the 5.0. The narrower 302 makes for a neat install in the Falcon.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

On Mar 27, 7:33 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: I

I've seen a 351W in a Maverick and it was real tight. I know the 351C can fit in an early mustang, but it's uncomfortably tight. It's your car and your money, but I'd stick with the 302 and if that's not enough, make it a stroker. My $.02

If you got to go with the 351W, get out your tape measure and study this real hard before you grab the tools.

Reply to
Kruse

I'd have to agree with everyone else. Use a 302 block, it will save you a lot of headaches later on. Fortunatly, you can get some insane amounts of power out of a 302, depending on how much money you want to spend.

Reply to
.boB

This is a question of intention if you ask me. Is the idea to juice up your Falcon in the most practical manner available ??? Or is it your intention to be Dr. Frankenstein and jack your Falcon up in ways that would make Rube Goldberg jealous ??? If you want to give a set of balls to your Falcon without having to break your own balls in the process, I'd recommend going with a 302 and a 347 stroker kit. There are stroker crate engine choices out there too if you dont want to work a stock 5.0 up to the 347 yourself. If you want to make a "creation" all your own and make like Frankenstein, I wouldn't recommend the 302 or the 351w. I'd go with a 351 Cleveland or Boss 351 clone or Cobra Jet clone. And yes... You can make them fit.

Dig it ????

Michael

Reply to
Michael