351C heater hose tube

I recently had my 351C block and heads vatted and just noticed that the heater hose tube that sticks up out of the block has been eaten away by the vatting process.

a) How are the tubes installed? b) Where can I find replacement? c) Is there anything magic about replacing it?

Thanks in advance.

4Zees
Reply to
Vonn A Zauber

A: They are a press in fit B: Local parts house C: I installed mine with a rubber mallet>a) How are the tubes installed?

Reply to
PoneyXpres

OK. How do you extract the old one.

Reply to
W3tac8oe

Ok lets clarify, you are talking about the one in the block by the distributor. If so, just grab it with some vice grips and work it out. If it breaks, you will have to work it out with a screw driver or something similar. Tha is what I had to do. Just be careful not to screw up the opening.

Reply to
PoneyXpres