351C oiling system modification question

I have been told that the 351C engine has an oiling system issue and that it is common for the rear mains and rod bearings to have oil starvation. I have also read that there is a fix for this by running a oil line from the sending unit port by the oil filter to the rear oil galley plug in the block behind the intake manifold. Has anyone heard of this fix? And if so, Is there a certain size oil line that needs to be used to prevent too much oil being transferred to the rear of the engine causing oil starvation at other locations, or will the oil flow ballance itself out between the different oil galleys? Thanks in advance for the replies.

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
Me

The following info is from

"The 351C or 429-460 are capable of tremendous horsepower and high revs. As power and RPM levels increase so does the strain on the stock oiling system. Many engine failures occur because the stock system tends to direct more oil to the rocker arms, than to the rod and main bearings. Good news! There are performance kits available to solve this problem by taking oil from the front oil galley directly above the oil filter, and plumbing it into the rear main oil galley right behind the intake manifold. Complete kits include high volume oil pump, cam bearing and rocker arm restrictors, and external oil line. However, if you are a do-it-yourselfer and just want to redirect oil, build a 3/8 inch oil line and plumb it in."

Oiling kit for 351C/429-460 are available @

I think the oiling problem is somewhat overrated. Take a look @

for more information onthis issue.

Reply to
Grover C. McCoury III

Running needle bearing, roller tip rocker arms will allow for further restricting upper end oiling. If running standard pedestal type rocker arms, we need top be careful with our mods.

Reply to
Jim Warman