4 cylinder fox rearend?

Would the rear end of a fox 4cylinder (1986) be able to take the power of a

5.0 or 5.7. Im going to start my v8 swap as soon as a pick up another car for transportation while the stang is napping. Just want to know what i need to start looking for as in parts.
Reply to
John Wiebalk

Erik D.

kool thanks man i was thinking that this would be more feasable and probably cheaper in the long run then buying a 5.0 and upgrading that. cause i would probably change everything that i would have to change for the swap

Reply to
John Wiebalk

I got a 8.8 with axles and brake cylinder...needs gears though. Id take 75 for it...im located in NJ and got a ton of other 5.0 5 spd parts...

I apologize if this is against the charter..im not running a bussiness or any of the sort...all personal parts that i dont need...if it then please just disregard

Reply to
joe

well i wont start getting parts till after the holidays, xmas presents, and the cost of a new beater are first on my list. once those are done then its full on 5.0 parts =) i'll hit you up after the holidays.

Reply to
John Wiebalk

I think I found a Nice block to build up a motor on

85 302 HO block (roller, forged pistons) running when it came out of the car $150 it has a crank rods pistons i can throw in the oil pan, timing cover if i can find it, balancer, flexplate and Edelbrock performer rpm (302) intake for an extra 100
Reply to
John Wiebalk

Go easy on it and it will last. But you will want an 8.8 the stocker is a 7.5 these were used in 79 thru 85 5.0's (with posi).

Reply to
Caplanh